Monday, September 21, 2009

Comfort Food


Like most people, I have certain trigger foods that immediately imply comfort. Some love mashed potatoes -- I guess I do too. But mainly, I crave gooey and cheesy. I could eat macaroni and cheese every day. I don't allow myself to do it but I could.

About a year ago, I was slightly underweight for my size. Those days are gone. I've enjoyed mac & cheese, ice cream, and other guilty pleasures quite often. Now that I've balanced back to the normal range, plus quit smoking (Day 19!) I know the weight will begin to pile on.

I had three bites of mac & cheese tonight with my dinner. I probably won't do that again for a while.

But life cannot be all torture. I will still have some ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. My gut is chaffing my thighs-but at least there is no smoking-your buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, at first, thought the mac & cheese picture was of popcorn. My fallback food.

    Congrats on the 19 days. As your tastebuds return EVERYTHING tastes better including apples, tomatoes - and popcorn!

    ReplyDelete