Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Loss


We woke up this morning to the news that Patrick Swayze lost his battle with pancreatic cancer. Not a shock to anyone but sad nonetheless.

His two big movie roles, Dirty Dancing and Ghost, remain two of my I-can-watch-it-over-and-over favorites. Especially Dirty Dancing. You know I love almost any form of dancing. Who would not have wanted to be Baby in that movie?

He seemed to be very humble about his weaknesses: smoking and drinking. He was passionate about his work and many causes. He seemed genuinely in love with his wife of over 30 years.

It will make me a little sad the next time I watch one of his movies.

2 comments:

  1. Of all the celebrities to have passed I liked this one the most he had a great set of values.

    Red Dawn never gets mentioned and I think it was a really good movie for its time.

    Nobody puts baby in a corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss Patrick. Speaking of Dirty Dancing, I also miss Jerry Orbach.

    ReplyDelete