Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random Thoughts about TV

With too much time on my hands, I'm guilty of one eye on the television.

TV is truly one of my guilty pleasures and I admit I always anticipate the beginning of the new season. Yesterday I watched the premiere of the Dr. Oz show. He's the doctor who rose to fame with regular appearances on Oprah. I've seen him on Oprah a number of times and liked him but his show isn't going to make it. I don't care how knowledgeable or charming you are, it's pretty tough to make health care interesting for a solid hour every day.

I also watched Whitney Houston on Oprah. Well, I watched Part One. I think she's still as messed up as she was when she was married to Bobby Brown. I think Oprah is so in love with her that to call it an "interview" is a serious stretch. It was more of a mutual fan club meeting.

Jay Leno is not doing anything new or dramatic. His new show is nothing more than The Tonight Show airing 90 minutes earlier.

That's all I've caught but it's early yet. Now I must turn off the television and take some dogs for a walk.

1 comment: