Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Suddenly Single


Well, it's starting. People told me it would happen and I disagreed.

More than one man has requested my company on a date.

I hate it. I hate me for questioning motives. I hate that I have lost the protective cocoon of marriage. It allowed me to be friendly and silly. It allowed me to dance when the spirit moved me -- as it often does.

I know I'm not married but I don't feel single. I feel like a bratty 5-year old saying, "I don't want to date and you can't make me!"

I don't date. Don't ask me.

But put on the right song and I'll dance like a fool.

2 comments:

  1. You are that Dancing Queen!
    And I am sure that Men will be standing in line to have the honor to dance with you let alone, go on a date. The gentleman, will know how to get your attention without pushing and wait for you to be ready.
    Hey, nothing wrong with a free meal =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "I'm not going to date" thing is apparently a real turn on. It worked for me.

    ReplyDelete