Sunday, June 21, 2009

Birthdays

Of my group of golden friends, my goldies, three of us have a birthday within 9 days. Jan comes first, then me, then Lynn. Just to be different, Deb was born in October.

So, we're older and hopefully wiser. I know we are full-fledged adults but we still feel like kids a lot of the time. Our personalities and certainly our senses of humor have stayed intact.

In honor of the goldies, here are a few of my favorite quotes regarding birthdays:

"Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time."
Jean Paul Richter

"Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed."
Anthony Powell

"The forties are the old age of youth; the fifties are the youth of old age."
French proverb

"You are only young once but you can be immature for a lifetime."
John P. Grier

2 comments:

  1. So, you must be having a birthday about now. Happy Birthday. Old friends are the best! You're blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOO HOO! My birthday is shared with the BEST!

    ReplyDelete