Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let's Dance



It's possible that I dance every day. If you know me, you've seen it. I dance alone; I dance with strangers. I dance in supermarkets and I have left my footprints on more than one tabletop.

This is the part where I'm supposed to be sorry. Oops, I'm not. Dancing is who I am. I have been teased and shamed. It doesn't work. People who dance often make others uncomfortable. Here's a few things you should know:
I realize I'm not a good dancer. I don't care. The spirit moves me and I go.

I don't expect you to participate. I love it if you do. I am not hurt if you don't.

The true release of dancing is not always happy.

I can only speak for me but I feel sorry for people who don't know the soulful release of a good dance.

I had an iPod issue earlier this summer and I had to use my goddaughter and her boyfriend's good nature to fix it. I felt like an oldie because it was an easy fix but I needed young people to chart the course.

Now I am back in business. Flicking on my music and dancing to my heart's content.


5 comments:

  1. Zorba the Greek is a great music for folks who dance about everything. All I really remember about the movie is that Zorba (Anthony Quinn) dances to commemorate everything in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops. It's a movie, not a music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a good dancer? I thought at one time you were on your way to be a professional dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're my Dancing Queen!
    I am honored that you used your BD card for this blog.
    Also, I love that you are a Dancer. Hey.. How about that for a part-time job? jk
    Thank you for never laughing at me when I dance. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK-you can dance-can you update this blog?

    ReplyDelete