Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fair Time


My mother and I went to our state fair yesterday. It ranks pretty high on my list of annual fun things. My "sister" and another friend joined us and a good time was had by all.

My friend had a list of things she wanted to experience. (She had not been to the fair for a couple of decades.) Her expectations were pretty high:
The dog-faced boy,
The two-headed pig, and
The potato chip that looks like Jesus.

Alas, none of these were there this year but we did get to experience:
The gigantic sculpture made of cheese,
Several barns, along with their lovely smells,
An exhibit about the space program,
Gigantic vegetables, and
All the fried food you could ever think about eating.

This year, our fair has added a few extra days to the schedule. I may have to go again.

3 comments:

  1. I think I see Jesus in that ear....I would love to go next year, remind me...deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still wishing a turn to go with you and Momma Sandy.
    The cheese is so wrong on so many levels! The elephant ear is calling my name!
    I haven't been to the fair since cheer competition years, and of course I was just a chaperon following the cheerleaders around. Next year please?

    ReplyDelete