Sunday, October 4, 2009

Marry the Geek

I met someone the other day and we chatted about clothes, favorite vacation spots and fun restaurants. In the course of the getting-to-know-you conversation, I asked what her husband does for a living. He's head of IT for some fancy shmancy corporation.

I am officially, over-the-top, out-of-my-head jealous.

Please remember that I have never met this man. But I am starting to think with my head instead of my heart. And I am not interested in how much money a man makes or who he knows at the country club. I don't care if he can get the governor on the phone or get free tickets to whatever hot act is coming to town.

If I ever date or marry again, I will be practical. I want the guy who can work the remotes or fix my computer when I'm having a meltdown at 2:00 AM.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh. Wisdom is taking over my darling! Yes, at the end of the day we all put our pants on the same way, so it does not matter what we do or who we know.

    Like our moms taught us: it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

    Candid Girl

    ReplyDelete