Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cha Cha Cha Changes...


Welcome to my new blog site. I hope you will pop in regularly.

Years ago I started my first blog (www.livingwiththeoldies.blogspot.com) as a creative outlet while my elderly in-laws were living with my husband and me. After close to a thousand posts and many life changes, it is time to start anew.

Some use a blog as a daily journal of sorts. Others make political or social commentary. Still others have found an outlet for stream-of-consciousness thoughts. I have done all of these things and will undoubtedly continue.

This new blog represents a change. And change is my constant companion right now. My oldies, the in-laws I referred to, both passed away last year. The husband I referred to is soon to be my ex-husband. Another change. I am looking for full time employment. When that happens, I suspect that will change my life in many ways. And eventually, I will be moving and creating a new home of my own.

You'll still hear about some of the constants in my life: my parents and the rest of my family, friends and acquaintances and of course, my beloved big black Lab, Gabby.

Recently I spoke with someone who I have not seen since I was in high school. He told me I have a wicked sense of humor. I'm not sure that's true but I'll try to let it come through the screen now and then.

I can't really tell you why other people blog. I can only tell you that on certain days, writing is as crucial to me as breathing. I enjoy the process of taking a thought and communicating it in my own twisted way. And, I really enjoy it when you comment.

Welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Yay You! I love this new look. I am so excited.
    Blog on sweetie! It is so good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled you first time and got your aunt cess's blog. Took me a few readings to realise this was not you. Typed in the address again and got you. Your aunt has a great site by the way. Glad to have you back. I think that comment you made was from David H. Glad you two reconnected. FB has been realy awesome connecting me to old college friends. Take care

    ReplyDelete