Wednesday, September 8, 2010

More Ponderings

I'm kind of stressed and one of my favorite ways to deal with it is let my mind run free. It can be fun and it can be dangerous. Feel free to weigh in.

When Bad things happen to Good People
I'm very scared about the health situation of a good friend. Actually, I have a couple of friends in scary health situations. It makes me angry. It frustrates the control freak in me. My minister told me it's perfectly okay and normal to rant and rave at God. Somehow, that made me feel better and guilty at the same time.

I Miss My Parents and my Other Dog
The time I spent living with my parents was truly a gift. We all knew it would end (we had no clue how it would end) but I truly miss my little bedroom, our teasing each other and the rediscovery of each other on a day-to-day basis. And their little dog stole a piece of my heart.

My New Job
I start my new job tomorrow. I'm nervous. I'm not afraid of my ability to do the job; I can handle it. It's more like a child on the first day in a new school. Will I fit in? Will they like me? How will I adapt to this total upheaval of my schedule?

Posture
I have always prided myself on my posture. All those years of ballet paid off in some way. And I've always ridiculed people, especially teenagers, with horrible posture. Tyler probably has permanent wounds from me poking him and hissing,"Stand up straight!" But lately I've got glimpses of myself in the mirror and I'm slightly slumping. What is that about?

Houses
Since we've reconciled, we have been making some changes to our house. With the market the way it is, we haven't decided if we're making these changes with the intent to sell or the intent to live here forever. We prefer the term "updating." It's an open proposition for now. But it feels good. I love this house. I love the changes we're making.

Shopping
Does anyone make reasonable clothing for a woman my age at a reasonable price? I refuse to dress like a teeny bopper and I'm not quite ready for stretchy pants and the sweatshirt with kittens and bunnies. Guess my current wardrobe is going to have to do for now.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. . . where to start???? I know it's ok to be unhappy with you know who on the health of your loved/dear friends. It's an outlet and you have to pray for the best. 2) I would miss your parents too. They're hysterical to say the least and they're also knowledgable. They are good solid people and they love you no matter what (like the rest of us "Pasadena" peeps. And that dog of theirs is just a lovable little thing. 3) You know damn good and well that you'll do a great job at your new job. You'll get to know everyone and charm the hell out of them just like you do everyone else. 4) The whole posture thing gives me nightmares. . I've always felt I'm shrinking (ok, I know I am with age) but. . . I just printed something off of yahoo that will give me back my posture after ALL these years. 5) As for the house. . . even if you haven't been through all you've been through you would be changing the house. We've been in our house for 16 years and I'm absolutey ready for some major changes. 6) Now the shopping . . . I would love to shop all day like I used too (ok, I really wouldn't). But.. . I would love for someone to come to me and tell me what would look good on me!! OK, maybe I wouldn't. I would just LOVE to go shopping anytime I'd like and not pay any attention to price. It doesn't even have to be the haughty-taughty stores. . . I'd settle for Macy's, etc. So, in closing. . . I'm soooo happy to see you back at blogging (however short it may be . . as I know you're very busy}and I wish the VERY BEST to you and Dan. Love ya, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me add. .. don't worry about what anyone else is blogging. .. just worry about what makes you and Dan happy. Some people just can't stand to see anyone else happy. Take care! Kim

    ReplyDelete